Dr Jasmina Marinova
SPECIALIST PAEDIATRICIAN & NEONATOLOGIST
Tel: +1 (345) 323 0870 (mobile) +1 (345) 745 7450 (clinic)
Email: [email protected]
I am an experienced Cayman Paediatrician with a significant general paediatric practice and interests in newborn care and paediatric dermatology issues.
I have had an excellent tertiary training, including in neonatology and held a post as Consultant Paediatrician for many years in UK. I now provide paediatric and newborn care, based out of Grand Pavilion on West Bay Road, with paediatric & neonatal admitting rights at George Town, alongside my two other paediatric colleagues, Dr Sara Watkin & Dr Sarah Newton.
Book an Appointment
My Practice Information
Cayman Paediatrician (Pediatrician) & Newborn (Neonatal) Specialist located in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Tel: (345) 745-7450
Fax: (345) 745-7460
Location: Grand Pavilion (Hibiscus Way Entrance), 802 West Bay Road
Mailing Address: Box 934, 10 Market Street, Camana Bay, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-9006
Clinic Fees Information: https://childrensdoctor.ky/clinic-fees-information/
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
I am available for walk-in appointments, but it is always better to book to avoid waits. However, as I am also supported by two excellent paediatric colleagues, you will almost always be able to see somebody (one of our Cayman Paediatricians).
Finding My Clinic
We are very easy to find!
Book an Appointment
About Me – Cayman Paediatrician & Newborn Specialist
I have been practising in Grand Cayman for a number of years and am very experienced at the full range of paediatric complaints and care needs we have here in Grand Cayman. My privileges include full admitting rights to the neonatal unit and paediatric wards at George Town Hospital (HSA). I also have admitting rights at Doctors Hospital. I have worked and trained at a number of centres in UK and Europe and received a robust tertiary training in both Bulgaria and in the United Kingdom at the renowned tertiary centre of excellence: Oxford University Hospitals
I have the following qualifications & accreditations:
- MBBS, Bulgarian Medical Academy
- MD, Certificate of Acquired Specialty in Paediatrics, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (MRCPCH), UK
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Paediatrics
I also have the following additional training pertinent to my neonatal & paediatric work in hospital:
- Newborn Life Support (NLS) Instructor
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Provider
- Neonatal Simulation Instructor (including as Trust Simulation Lead)
Dr Jasmina Marinova Career Highlights
(From prior to being a Cayman Paediatrician)
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health (MRCPCH)
- 30 years in paediatrics & newborn medicine
- Tertiary training in neonatal care in Sofia, Bulgaria & Oxford, UK
- Newborn Life Support Instructor Advanced Paediatric LIfe Support Provider
- Experienced in developmental paediatrics and autistic spectrum disorders
Pediatrician vs Paediatrician Cayman
You’ll see both Paediatrician and Pediatrician used on my pages. There’s no difference, other than one is UK spelling (paediatrician) and one is US spelling (pediatrician).
I see paediatric patients from 0 to age 18, as well as providing care for preterm infants or newborns with complications. For very preterm infants, my colleague Dr Sara watkin, Neonatologist, is our lead.
American Academy of Pediatrics: Age Limit of Pediatrics: https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/140/3/e20172151
Newborn & Paediatric Care Services & Conditions
I offer a wide range of paediatric services as a Cayman Paediatrician (Pediatrician) & Neonatologist out of Grand Pavilion, West Bay Road, Grand Cayman.
- Attending regular & vaginal deliveries
- Attending caesarean section deliveries
- Newborn baby checks
- Managing newborn complications
- Care of babies with jaundice
- Early care of newborns
- 1st year of life care
- Breastfeeding advice
- Feeding, nutrition & growth
- Immunization & vaccination
- Congenital abnormalities
- Wheezing & Breathing Difficulties
I spend a great deal of time in the delivery room and I live just along the road from George Town Hospital, meaning I can be in delivery within 5 minutes of a phone call even in the middle of the night.
- Neonatal resuscitation & life support
- Neonatal intensive care, from 26+ weeks
- Preterm birth from 23+ weeks gestation
- Growth restriction and small for dates
- Respiratory distress & breathing issues
- Surfactant administration
- Most forms of ventilation
- Newborn infections & immune problems
I have a tertiary training in neonatal care from two centres of excellence and then went on to work as a general and newborn paediatrician in a busy local hospital in the UK. I am experienced at neonatal unit admissions here in Cayman Islands and I work closely with Dr Sara Watkin, our neonatal specialist, for more complex deliveries and extremely preterm infants.
- Development & developmental follow up
- Developmental milestones
- Immunization & vaccinations
- Feeding and nutrition advice & complications
- Allergies and intolerances e.g. Cows Milk Intolerance
- Nut allergy, including challenging
- Growth advice and concerns
- Skin, spots, rashes and other blemishes
- Fevers, viruses etc including bronchiolitis
- Asthma, wheezing & exercise intolerance
- Ears, noses, throats & eyes
- Urgent or emergency care
I have admitting rights to the paediatric wards at Cayman Islands Hospital in George Town and am part of the urgent care paediatric service we run as a practice.
My daily practice is at Grand Pavilion on West Bay Road in dedicated facilities with a children’s play area, private breastfeeding space and a team of experienced paediatric nurses.
You can find a full list of the paediatric and newborn services we cover as a team here: https://childrensdoctor.ky/paediatric-services/
Appointment Booking with Dr Jasmina Marinova, Cayman Paediatrician
Please simply work through the steps on screen. If you have seen our paediatricians previously, it is likely we have your child’s details in the system. Please use the following information when prompted to do so:
- Your own email (if yours isn’t found, try your spouse’s)
- Your child’s name
- Child’s Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Child’s Gender
Booking on Mobile
If you are using a smartphone, it helps to turn your screen sideways (landscape).
Urgent Care/ Sick Children Appointments
If you cannot see an appointment slot available, please call us on (345) 745 7450 within office hours or on the Paediatric Out-of-Hours Service (345) 326 4370 (Note: Calls only, Out-of-Hours Only) as we carry specific sick child capacity to help ensure your child can be seen when necessary.
Online booking with instant confirmation
Please simply work through the steps on screen. On mobile, try turning your phone sideways.
Education, Training & Experience
My training and experience stretches over nearly three decades and includes training and experience to consultant level in a wide variety of units including the two tertiary hospitals of The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, UK, and the Sheinovo Hospital in Sofia, Bulgaria, followed by my permanent consultant post in the busy local hospital of Kettering General Hospital in the UK.
- Attending deliveries of all kinds – normal vaginal, caesarean section and assisted deliveries of all kinds
- Initial assessment of newborn infants
- Newborn baby checks
Neonatal Care Experience
- Competent in all aspects of modern neonatal care. 12 months experience in tertiary NICU, referral centre for neonatal cardiology and surgery
- Competent in resuscitation of very premature and sick term neonates
- Competent in the use of conventional ventilation, high frequency oscillation ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide therapy, as well as noninvasive ventilation – CPAP and Vapotherm
- Competent in the management of babies with congenital abnormalities, cardiac and surgical conditions
- Competent in neonatal intensive care skills such as endotracheal intubation, umbilical venous and arterial catheterisation, peripheral venous and arterial access, insertion of long lines, chest drain, dilutional and exchange transfusion. Teach juniors and nurse practitioners these skills.
- Competent in cranial ultrasound scanning. Successfully completed course in cranial ultrasound scan and departmental assessment.
- Competent in the use and interpretation of Cerebral Function Monitoring.
- Competent in total body cooling for babies who suffered perinatal hypoxic insult
- Competent in antenatal counselling of parents of premature babies and babies with antenatal diagnosis.
Over the past 30+ years of my paediatric career in Bulgaria, UK and Cayman Islands I have gained an extensive and broad practical knowledge in all aspects of the specialty. This includes:
- Competent in resuscitation of seriously ill children using APLS guidelines.
- Competent in management of children who require high dependency care and stabilisation of children prior to transfer to PICU.
Six-months experience of working in PICU
- Competent in management of children with wide range of common childhood diseases.
- Competent in planning discharge of complex long stay patients.
- Clinical Supervision of junior doctors in their clinical duties including technical paediatric procedures
- Competent in the following practical procedures
- Peripheral intravenous access, peripheral arterial access, peripheral long-line insertion, lumber puncture, interosseous access.
- Competent in child protection procedures and medical examination.
- Up-to-date Level III safeguarding
- Children and Level II Safeguarding Adults
- Experience in developmental assessment, ADHD and autistic spectrum disorder clinics.
- Regular educational statement assessments.
- Attended outreach clinics, special school clinics and adoption panel.
- Participated in the multi-disciplinary assessment of children at the child development centre.
Latest News & Views from Dr Marinova
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Meet our Cayman Paediatricians & Paediatric Dermatologist
We are passionate about improving the quality of care available to those residing in Grand Cayman and that extends to an unwavering commitment to employ individuals with true expertise and a variety of unique special interests.