Meet Dr Sarah
(Dr Sarah Newton Paediatrician)
MBChB, FRACP (paeds), DCH
SPECIALIST GENERAL PAEDIATRICIAN & NEWBORN CARE
I would be very pleased to meet any new parents. By new, that could be new parents or just new to Grand Cayman. Simply complete the form below and I’ll arrange to show you our lovely practice.
Complete the MEET ME Form
More Information & Booking
Please simply work through the steps on screen. If you have seen our paediatricians previously, it is likely we have your child’s details in the system. Please use the following information when prompted to do so:
- Your own email (if yours isn’t found, try your spouse’s)
- Your child’s name
- Child’s Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Child’s Gender
Booking on Mobile
If you are using a smartphone, it helps to turn your screen sideways (landscape).
Urgent Care/ Sick Children Appointments
If you cannot see an appointment slot available, please call us on (345) 745 7450 within office hours or on the Paediatric Out-of-Hours Service (345) 326 4370 (Note: Calls only, Out-of-Hours Only) as we carry specific sick child capacity to help ensure your child can be seen when necessary.
Online booking with instant confirmation
Please simply work through the steps on screen. On mobile, try turning your phone sideways.
Education, Training & Experience
- Attending deliveries of all kinds – normal vaginal, caesarean section and assisted deliveries of all kinds
- Initial assessment of newborn infants
- Newborn baby checks
Neonatal Care Experience
- Competent in all aspects of modern neonatal care.
- Competent in resuscitation of very premature and sick term neonates
- Competent in the use of conventional ventilation, high frequency oscillation ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide therapy, as well as noninvasive ventilation – CPAP
- Competent in the management of babies with congenital abnormalities, cardiac and surgical conditions
- Competent in neonatal intensive care skills such as endotracheal intubation, umbilical venous and arterial catheterisation, peripheral venous and arterial access, insertion of long lines, chest drain, dilutional and exchange transfusion.
- Competent in antenatal counseling of parents of premature babies and babies with antenatal diagnosis.
Dr Newton is a New Zealand born General Paediatrician under the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and has practised here in Grand Cayman for more than 7 years, providing important continuity of care to the many children under her care across that time. She is also a busy mum to four children of her own, ranging in age from early years through to teenagers, as of writing. She believes in a holistic approach to health care, patient advocacy and empowering patients and their families through education and preventative health care.
- Competent in resuscitation of seriously ill children using APLS guidelines.
- Competent in management of children who require high dependency care and stabilisation of children prior to transfer to PICU.
- Competent in management of children with wide range of common childhood diseases.
- Competent in planning discharge of complex long stay patients.
- Clinical Supervision of junior doctors in their clinical duties including technical paediatric procedures
- Competent in the following practical procedures: peripheral intravenous access, peripheral arterial access, peripheral long-line insertion, lumber puncture.
- Competent in child protection procedures and medical examination.
- Darkness to Light training
- Experience in developmental assessment, ADHD and autistic spectrum disorder clinics.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary developmental clinic assessment of children with complex developmental and social/behavioural concerns.
Latest News & Views from Dr Newton
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.