Meet Dr Jasmina
SPECIALIST PAEDIATRICIAN & NEONATOLOGIST
I am always keen to meet up with new parents, whether they are new to being parents or new to Grand Cayman. It’s the best way of ensuring you choose a paediatrician you and your children are comfortable with. Simply complete the form below and I’ll set it up.
Complete the MEET ME Form
More Information & Booking
Please simply work through the steps on screen. If you have seen our paediatricians previously, it is likely we have your child’s details in the system. Please use the following information when prompted to do so:
- Your own email (if yours isn’t found, try your spouse’s)
- Your child’s name
- Child’s Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Child’s Gender
Booking on Mobile
If you are using a smartphone, it helps to turn your screen sideways (landscape).
Urgent Care/ Sick Children Appointments
If you cannot see an appointment slot available, please call us on (345) 745 7450 within office hours or on the Paediatric Out-of-Hours Service (345) 326 4370 (Note: Calls only, Out-of-Hours Only) as we carry specific sick child capacity to help ensure your child can be seen when necessary.
Online booking with instant confirmation
Please simply work through the steps on screen. On mobile, try turning your phone sideways.
Education, Training & Experience
My training and experience stretches over nearly three decades and includes training and experience to consultant level in a wide variety of units including the two tertiary hospitals of The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, UK, and the Sheinovo Hospital in Sofia, Bulgaria, followed by my permanent consultant post in the busy local hospital of Kettering General Hospital in the UK.
- Attending deliveries of all kinds – normal vaginal, caesarean section and assisted deliveries of all kinds
- Initial assessment of newborn infants
- Newborn baby checks
Neonatal Care Experience
- Competent in all aspects of modern neonatal care. 12 months experience in tertiary NICU, referral centre for neonatal cardiology and surgery
- Competent in resuscitation of very premature and sick term neonates
- Competent in the use of conventional ventilation, high frequency oscillation ventilation, inhaled nitric oxide therapy, as well as noninvasive ventilation – CPAP and Vapotherm
- Competent in the management of babies with congenital abnormalities, cardiac and surgical conditions
- Competent in neonatal intensive care skills such as endotracheal intubation, umbilical venous and arterial catheterisation, peripheral venous and arterial access, insertion of long lines, chest drain, dilutional and exchange transfusion. Teach juniors and nurse practitioners these skills.
- Competent in cranial ultrasound scanning. Successfully completed course in cranial ultrasound scan and departmental assessment.
- Competent in the use and interpretation of Cerebral Function Monitoring.
- Competent in total body cooling for babies who suffered perinatal hypoxic insult
- Competent in antenatal counselling of parents of premature babies and babies with antenatal diagnosis.
Over the past 30+ years of my paediatric career in Bulgaria, UK and Cayman Islands I have gained an extensive and broad practical knowledge in all aspects of the specialty. This includes:
- Competent in resuscitation of seriously ill children using APLS guidelines.
- Competent in management of children who require high dependency care and stabilisation of children prior to transfer to PICU.
Six-months experience of working in PICU
- Competent in management of children with wide range of common childhood diseases.
- Competent in planning discharge of complex long stay patients.
- Clinical Supervision of junior doctors in their clinical duties including technical paediatric procedures
- Competent in the following practical procedures
- Peripheral intravenous access, peripheral arterial access, peripheral long-line insertion, lumber puncture, interosseous access.
- Competent in child protection procedures and medical examination.
- Up-to-date Level III safeguarding
- Children and Level II Safeguarding Adults
- Experience in developmental assessment, ADHD and autistic spectrum disorder clinics.
- Regular educational statement assessments.
- Attended outreach clinics, special school clinics and adoption panel.
- Participated in the multi-disciplinary assessment of children at the child development centre.
Latest News & Views from Dr Marinova
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.